To all the fathers out there who raised us to be the athletes, risk-takers, music aficionados, adventurers, style-slayers, and all around badass women that we are—we salute you! And, more specifically, we’d like to thank you for the following 10 things:
1. Our knowledge that Transformer was an album long before it was a movie.
2. That we don’t need help changing a tire.
3. For teaching us to kick with both feet.
4. For making sure the coach knew how much he needed us on his team.
5. That we know the difference between a sheepshank and a bowline.
6. Our exceptional fashion sense, obvs!
7. Our incredible talent for building a pillow fort that is equal parts structurally sound and totally badass.
8. Showing us that a little mud never hurt anyone.
9. Reminding us that being fierce is something to be proud of.
10. Making us believe that we could be whatever the hell we wanted to be.